1. To promote Communication Studies as an academic discipline in East Africa
2. To provide a forum where scholars, researchers and others involved in communication studies and practice can meet and exchange information and ideas about their work
3. To promote the study, criticism, research, teaching, and application of the creative, professional and scientific principles of communication
4. To strive to improve communication research, policy and practice
5. To contribute, by means of appropriate research and critical scholarship, to the development and improvement of the education and training of communication professionals
Since its formation in 2011, EACA has focused on growing communication and media research and collaboration in the region. EACA’s core activities include an Annual EACA Conference and the publication of the Association’s journal, the African Journal of Communication.